Friday, January 15, 2010

Am I the last person to start blogging??

Well, its a new decade and I have the mother of all New Year's resolutions lists this year/decade!! Firstly, I refuse to be the LAST person in the world to start blogging. Phew, I can at least check that one off my list now.....now if only the others were so easy!

I have moved to a small village about a year ago, and its taken me a long time to get to know folk here. Slowly but surely I have and it all paid off yesterday - I was given possibly the funniest thing ever! A friend saved (salvaged!) some sewing bits and pieces from the skip a while back and he gave it all to me. Amongst all the buttons was a small metal badge. A "Woman's Illustrated Gnomes Club" badge!! What in the world is that?!?!?
I love the badge though - sorry the picture is so rubbishy, but you get the idea.

Suppose I should introduce myself - on the off chance that someone other than my mother reads this blog someday! My name is Karyn, and I live in the beautiful town of Inveraray in Argyll, Scotland. Despite what my hobbies might make you think, I am not a 80 years old.....much younger in fact! My main hobbies are knitting, sewing, crocheting, and other various textile arts. If you aren't really interested in that kind of thing, I will wager that you won't be spending much time on my blog as I can prattle on about fabrics for hours!!

I am also lucky enough to have a very lovely West Highland female dog named Charlie. She pretty much rules the roost in our house, and frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way! She's such a good wee dog and its a great pleasure to share my days with her. (Except for when she helps me in the garden - by digging up all my veg and freshly planted flowers!)

Can't guarantee I'll write often, or say anything terribly philisophical or even inspiring - but you are more than welcome to follow along to see if I get even one more resolution completed this year (or decade, for that matter!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment