Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to the grind

We have had snow in the UK - lots of it, for quite a long time now. My SO has been home from work for an extra two weeks after the Christmas break as his work site has been closed because of the bad weather. But he's back to work tonight and I now have to get back into the routine of being on my own all week. It was such a treat to have him home for a whole month in a row, but I think we were both perhaps tripping over each other at some points! But, now its back to ordinary life of looking forwards to the weekends and having him home again.

On top of feeling a bit blue yesterday, I woke up with a big ugly zit on my nose. Seriously - wasn't that nonsense meant to end once we stopped being teenagers?!?! Well, with my best obsessive teenage mentality in place, I poked and prodded at it (all the time with my mother's voice in my head saying "leave it alone - you'll just make it worse!") And damn you Mother, you are still right - I did make it worse. This morning there is a big weird scab on my nose that looks like I have been a victim of some sort of flesh-eating disease -ARGH!!!

Tomorrow a full major re-vamp of my craft room must begin. (Another NY resolution!) I am struggling for inspiration for storage options. I am looking for something cheap and cheerful that I can store my fabric and yarns in that makes it easy to see them. I feel like I am always spending a long time looking for things - on the up side though, quite often I find things I didn't even know I had!

Another resolution is to actually sell some things that I make this year. Which is a bit scary - I love to make things as gifts, but its a whole other things altogether to make things to sell. There is a local hotel here that is planning to do some upscale craft fairs throughout the year and I am (I AM!) going to start selling at those, I think. I am not sure exactly what to make or quantities, but I guess all I can do is guesstimate at this point and learn as I go. Then we'll see where to go from there.

First things first though - must get rid of this bloomin' cold and the scary nose!

0 comments:

Post a Comment