Friday, January 22, 2010

New baby girl!

My cousin had her baby, and she had a lovely little baby girl - 7lbs 11oz. No name yet that I know of. I had made a roll brim hat in a lovely dove grey/silver bamboo yarn but that seems a bit bland for a little girl. Maybe I will embellish it with something pink and girly first before I send it.

I have never experienced this before, but I have come across a ball of yarn who's will was stronger than mine. I bought some lovely Debbie Bliss Prima yarn in a really nice aubergine colour and thought I would make a slouchy lace beret with it. I like making hats, and I'm normally quite quick at it. But this time.....hmmmm.....I managed to cast on the wrong number of stitches (even though I counted); I made an error with the ribbing for the brim - three times I frogged it and started again!?!?!. Then I was part way into the lace pattern and completely forgot where I was and miscalculated and messed up the pattern (have never done that before!). Then even though I checked my gauge when I got far enough along to try it on, the hat was too tight on my head. I have never had this happen before! I think that this yarn definitely did NOT want to be a beret. Perhaps I will just have to wait using it until it tells me what it wants to be!!

Here's a couple of pictures of other projects I designed and made this week. Mind that the second one is a bit rude.



 

I'm due for an eye test soon and a friend in my optician.
I might give this to her - she has a good sense of humor.

Still mostly brainstorming on ideas for things I'd like to make in the next little while. Sometimes it seems like I come up with so many ideas all at once, and then sometimes I don't really feel inspired to come up with anything new. I'm on an idea high at the moment, so I'm going with it!

I am terribly sad that I didn't win the Gisele and Birdie draw for a new blog design, but congratulations to Sue at http://asecondheart.blogspot.com/ who did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment