Friday, January 15, 2010

Less than a week!

My favorite cousin in the whole wide world is having a baby one week from yesterday! YAHOO! (She really will be having it then, she has to have a c-section). It will be her third (and final, she says!) little one - two beautiful girls so far. I am super lucky as another cousin's wife is also having a baby in February (her fifth - four boys so far - I am so in awe of her mothering skills!) Aren't they nice to have babies so I can knit cute things for them!? I have some nice bamboo yarn that I will make hats and booties sets out of I think - I live in a different country than they do, so postage is always an issue!

I am really chuffed as my new knitting needle sets arrived today from China. I was able to get every size of needle from 2.0mm to 10.0mm in 16" circular and also 5" DPN delivered to Scotland for about £12 total. No more frustration (hopefully!) of desperately wanting to start a new project as soon as the inspiration hits and realizing that I just don't have the right needles for the job!

I also got some new cross stitch fabric today; I am wanting to learn blackwork. (Amongst all the fifty thousand other crafts plans I've got on the go!) I am interested in using blackwork in a more contemporary way. Something like this pattern from http://www.patextiles.com/

I am also thinking of something for the new additions, maybe their names stitched in a funky font like a circus font? I'll have to ponder on that one a bit.

I've also just got an a couple of new books - "Hattitude" by Cathy Carron (LOVE the Haughty pattern!) and "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon. Her books are so wonderful - I've been waiting for the new one to come out for absolutely ages it seems!

And, I'm all registered for the Toasty Toes felt workshop being held at Kilmartin Museum in February and I'm also booked for a rag rug making course in Dunoon in March. SOOOO many crafts, so little time!

I love the designs that this girl does (I am using one of her designs for my blog) and she has a contest on the go at the moment to win a custom designed page.....have a peek!

The rules to enter the contest are simple and its well worth entering!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment